Friday, August 21, 2015

pooling my lights


Any good story should have suspense and conflict.

However, modern television and movies seem to have ripped both elements from their story-telling.  So, shall I.

As you can see by the photograph, both lights in the pool are now operating.  That is the first time I have seen the pool fully lit.  As I was cropping the photograph, it occurred to me why it looks vaguely familiar. 

Te lit-up pool has characteristics similar to those memorial fountains found in medium-sized Western cities.  If I turned on the water feature, all of the elements would be there.

I should have lit up the full house -- on both floors -- to give you an idea how creative the architect was in her use of light in combination with the lines of the house.  Night-time here can be a visual feast.  But that can wait for a future essay.

I wanted to be here when the pool guys showed up yesterday.  When we left on sme errands, I left the repaired lights sitting on the edge of the pool.

Watching the re-installation would have been fun.  But knowing how electrical connections are often accomplished here, I may be just as glad to have missed it.

Instead, Leo volunteered to be the guinea pig in entering the water first.  He survived.  As did our friendship.

Now, I can share my pool with guests -- a lit pool that will be certain to attract every mosquito in the barrio.  But it will certainly be pretty.


No comments: